Writers Write is your comprehensive writing resource. In this post, we share a list of famous fictional detectives.
Crime fiction is probably the most popular genre for both readers and writers.
[Must-Read: 50 (or so) Fabulous Resources For Crime Writers]
If you’re thinking of writing crime friction it’s a good idea to read some of the classics in that genre.
If an author creates a detective readers love, a long rewarding career is created for the writer and the detective.
Famous Fictional Detectives
Famous detectives and their creators (Source) Follow the link to find even more famous fictional detectives.
Some of these famous detectives on a stamp.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
1. Porfiry Petrovic (Dostoevsky) in Crime and Punishment
2. Inspector Maigret (Georges Simenon)
3. Father Brown (G.K. Chesterton)
4. Sherlock Holmes (Sir Arthur Conan Doyle)
5. Hercule Poirot (Agatha Christie)
6. Inspector Cardby (David Hume)
7. Lord Peter Wimsey (Dorothy L. Sayers)
8. Reggie Fortune (H.C. Bailey)
Source for Image: Detective Fiction on Stamps