Take our free visual storytelling course, with 30 exercises for storytellers, and learn how to be a great visual storyteller.
Visual Storytelling Course | For Screenwriters & Novelists
We have put together one of the best online writing courses in our library and we want to share it with you for free. We have adapted it into an online writing course.
This visual storytelling course, with its 30 exercises for storytellers, is valuable for any writer. But even more so for a screenwriter.
The nature of a script means our writing has to work much harder. We don’t have 80 000 words to explain and describe, but readers, directors. and actors still need to understand what we’ve written.
There are several steps you can take to help improve your visual storytelling skills, and we’ll be discussing them in 14 lessons.
About The Course
The free Visual Storytelling Course is broken down into 14 lessons. Complete one lesson at a time until you have finished the course. Each lesson includes theory, examples, and exercises.
You will have access to all the modules on our website forever!
The Purpose Of This Course
- It is for any aspiring or experienced screenwriters who want to become more creative when writing.
- It is designed to help you find your unique, visual storytelling voice.
- This course is a companion set of exercises that complement The Script – How To Write A Screenplay.
What you get:
- Immediate access.
- 14 powerful lessons.
The lessons include:
Theory, exercises, techniques, and examples.
What materials do I need?
- You need a device, like a phone, a tablet, or a computer, and access to the internet.
- If you do the exercises, we encourage you to write by hand as much as possible, but, you are welcome to use any tool or material that you are comfortable with. No two methods, or two writers, are the same.
How do I complete the course?
- Set aside a time to read the lesson every day.
- Work from the online pages on the website.
- Read the lessons, absorb the theory, and take note of the examples.
- Complete the exercises.
How much is it?
How to access your online course:
Click on Objectives and get started.
|Lesson 1||Lesson 2||Lesson 3|
|Lesson 4||Lesson 5||Lesson 6|
|Lesson 7||Lesson 8||Lesson 9|
|Lesson 10||Lesson 11||Lesson 12|
|Lesson 13||Lesson 14||Bibliography|
Have fun and happy writing!
About Anthony Ehlers, the author
Anthony Ehlers is a screenwriter. His script, ‘Lostalgia’, was shortlisted for the Much More Than A Script competition for the ECU Film Festival 2014. In the same year, ‘Radiant Lady’, set in 1940s Hollywood, was shortlisted for the US Jameson First Shot film initiative.
From 2012, he also wrote screenplays for the locally produced TV miniseries, ‘Mzansi: Big City Love’, for Fireworx Media. In 2017, a full-length gospel drama he wrote ‘Voices of Faith’ (directed by Alan Farber, produced by Chris Avant Smith) premiered in the Diepsloot community where it was filmed.
Anthony is also a facilitator and blogger for Writers Write. He is the creator of The Script – How To Write A Screenplay. Follow his blog on Writers Write.
Who is Writers Write?
Writers Write is a comprehensive writing resource for creative writers, business writers, and bloggers. We have more than 1 400 articles filled with writing tips on creative writing, business writing, and blogging. Sign up for our FREE daily writing links.