Welcome to the launch of our free writing course, Hooked On Writing. If you want to love your writing and develop a writing habit in 31 days, sign up.
All the most successful authors write every day.
- Terry Pratchett wrote 400 words come rain or shine. He wrote the day his dad died and the day he was diagnosed with Alzheimer’s. There were no exceptions.
- Stephen King writes every morning. He says he tries to get a thousand words out by noon before he does anything else. King said take Sunday off if you have to but he’s not going to.
- Neil Gaiman forces himself to write by sitting at a desk until he’s so bored that he has to write to keep himself from going insane.
They have their different methods, but they wrote every day. Pratchett wrote on computers, King in the corner of rooms, and Gaiman with a variety of colourful pens.
But, that is not important.
They wrote and wrote and then wrote some more.
Why You Must Write Every Day
You need to write, because, that is how books are made, scripts are finished, and articles are printed.
Sitting on an idea is a good way of forgetting it. If you don’t write your story someone else will. The gods of stories are fickle masters and will not stand by forever.
There is no reason to think about a book for a decade. That is a waste of 10 books you could have written.
If you write just one page a day, in a year that adds up to a 360-page book.
Create A Writing Habit
You need to build a writing habit. Doing anything for 21 days can create a habit – one strong enough you will want to stick to. It reprograms your brain and tells it that you need to do something before you can relax.
Free Writing Course – Hooked On Writing
We have created a free course, Hooked On Writing – How To Develop A Writing Habit in 31 Days, that will help you do this.
- The course gives you a short daily task to complete that will kick-start your writing muscles.
- The course is easy to use and fun to complete. At the end of it you will be energised and wanting to write more. Give it a try. Build yourself up into the writer you need to be.
- The course will get you addicted to writing. You (and I personally guarantee this) will be unable to sleep without putting pen to paper.
Trust me, nobody sleeps better than a writer who has done their daily writing.
So, do yours today.
Get Hooked On Writing.
Christopher writes and facilitates for Writers Write. Follow him on Twitter: @ChrisLukeDean
If you enjoyed this post, read:
- 3 Super Sidekicks & What They Do For Your Story
- The 3 Best Tips For Writing Dialogue
- Why Writers Should Know About Monsters Before They Write a Word
- Character Arcs Or Character Development? What’s The Difference?
- A Complete Glossary Of Terms For Fantasy Writers
- Writers! Are You A Puffer Or A Fluffer?
- The Most Popular Writing & Publishing Keywords for SEO
- A Complete Glossary Of Terms For Science Fiction Writers