Writers Write shares writing prompts and writing resources. Use these writing prompts for February 2024 to get you writing.
As I mentioned last month, we are going to use our prompts to practise our craft.
(NOTE: You will receive your monthly prompts as always, but this year I would like you to focus on specific aspects of your novel. This is, of course, entirely optional. You can also the prompts to free-write.)
I know this is the month of love, but I want you to focus on your antagonist. This is the character who opposes the story goal. This is the character who is trying to stop your protagonist.
Use the prompts to spend time with this character. These are not necessarily scenes that will be used in your book, but rather scenes that will help you get to know your character.
Write about their childhoods, their lost loves, the trials and joys and challenges that made them who they are. This will add depth to your plot and character arc.
You can read more about antagonists here
Next month we get to hang out with the protagonist’s friend.
Download your prompts here: 29 Writing Prompts for February 2024
Do you want a daily prompt?
If you would rather have a free daily writing prompt from us, sign up here: Join Our Newsletter
Make the most of your writing prompts. Read How To Use Writing Prompts
by Mia Botha
Looking for more prompts?
- 31 Writing Prompts For January 2024
- 31 Writing Prompts For December 2023
- 30 Writing Prompts For November 2023
- 31 Writing Prompts For October 2023
- 30 Writing Prompts For September 2023
- 31 Writing Prompts For August 2023
- 31 Writing Prompts For July 2023
- 30 Writing Prompts For June 2023
- 31 Writing Prompts For May 2023
- 30 Writing Prompts For April 2023