In this post from Writers Write, your one-stop writing resource, we write about five ways you can make money blogging.
How does blogging lead to sales?
- By encouraging people to find out more about you. The content you share on social media platforms should encourage your followers to click through to your website. Clicking the link leads to sales. ‘Likes’, ‘shares’ and ‘retweets’ are not good enough. What matters is that they go back to your website or blog and spend time there.
- By eliminating repetition. If you don’t have new content, and they have already seen everything you have to offer, you are wasting their time. This is why fresh, relevant, content that is uploaded daily or weekly to your website or blog is crucial. This is the most important part of social media. If you don’t have the base with all the goodies on it, why do you even have social media platforms?
- By improving your search engine optimisation (SEO). Creating new, valuable, relevant content will also land your company on the first page of search engines. We all use Google to find what we need and you need to make sure your company is there. The old SEO tactics no longer work. Content is king.
Top Tip: Have Something To Sell
5 Ways To Make Money Blogging
Once people arrive on your blog, make sure you have something to offer them. If you are a large company selling goods, this is self-explanatory.
1. Sell Online
If you’re working for yourself, you can sell your expertise by promoting your own products. Sell digital products like e-books, e-courses, and online coaching sessions.
Our online courses include:
- Secrets Of A Memoirist ONLINE – How to write a memoir
- The Script ONLINE – How to write a screenplay
- Writers Write ONLINE – How to write a book
- This Kiss ONLINE – How to write a romance novel
- The Complete Blogging Course ONLINE – How to blog
- Short Cuts ONLINE – How to write a short story
- Kids Etc. ONLINE – How to write for children
2. Sell In-Person
4. Join Affiliate Programmes
Sign up for affiliates that sell products linked to your brand. We have links for companies like Amazon and Scrivener (Example: Scrivener 3 for macOS and Scrivener for Windows) on our site. If somebody buys a product, we get a small percentage.
5. Ask For A Tip
If you have a loyal following who want to support you, join Patreon or ask your fans to ‘Buy You A Coffee‘. This allows people to show their appreciation for all you do, especially if they are unable to buy one of your products.
The Role Of Content
The only way to build your brand’s credibility and to make money blogging is by constantly creating content that you can display on your website or blog. Blogging helps you with your content marketing.
Who should be in charge of creating content?
- Somebody who cares. This content on your blog must be written by someone who knows your brand. It is a waste of time to hire a company that is not intimately connected to, and invested in, your company to do it for you.
- Somebody who works in your business. Ideally, you should train one staff member who loves your brand and give that person the job of maintaining your blog and sharing content on your social media platforms.
- Somebody who is a good writer. It should be someone who writes well. This is the new publishing, and you cannot claim social authority with poor writing skills. It is not a part time job. Creating content and maintaining your accounts will take eight hours a day.
It should not be written by your IT experts – this is not about IT. You do not have to be an IT expert to blog and share on social media platforms. It should not be written by an advertising team because your content is never a sales pitch.
What is social media and how does it relate to your blog?
Social media delivers and amplifies the newly created content you’ve just posted on your website or blog. It is not a traditional sales or advertising platform. Think of it as a lure that draws people to your blog. Once you have their attention, show them who you are and why they should be interested in you.
The major social media networks:
Social media should be used to share useful, entertaining information and to add value to your followers’ lives. You do this information by constantly creating content on your blog.
[Suggested Read: 40 Types Of Content That Will Make Blogging Easier For You]
How do we know it works?
The Internet brings Writers Write more than 90% of its business. Almost every query we have for a course, a consultation, or a service originates through social media channels and our blog.
Top Tip: Top Tip: If you want to learn how to blog, sign up for The Complete Blogging Course.
If you enjoyed this post read: