Join us for kids etc. online. Learn how to write for children at your own pace in the comfort of your own home.
If you have always wanted to learn how to write for children, kids etc. is ideal for you.
We show you how to plot a children’s story, write it, and prepare it for submission.
What you need to know:
- You’ll love this course if you want to write for tiny overlords, princesses and aspiring pirates.
- We cover picture books, middle grade and YA. And all the confusing bits in between.
- You will have fun. Lots of fun.
- What’s in? What’s out?
- Plot ideas.
- Cool enough characters.
- Pages For Ages – story lengths, genres, and language levels.
- The ‘Once upon a time story of a story’ to work out your plot.
- Viewpoint and tenses for children’s books.
- Mix it up – dialogue for children.
- How to plot a children’s book.
- Rewrite. Edit. Publish.
- Major awards & children’s book publishers.
What you get:
- Immediate access through your account.
- 26 awesome online modules.
- A printable workbook.
- A printable PDF of the course.
- A Skype session* with writing coach, Mia Botha.
How much is it?
How to buy and access your online course:
How to pay:
1. Add course to basket.
2. View basket.
3. Proceed to checkout.
- Use Paypal if you have a Paypal account, or
- Pay with your credit card using the Iveri option. If you use Iveri, they will ask you to verify your account in whatever manner your bank does this. (Some banks do this via mobile phone, for example.) or
- Use your coupon if you have one.
5. Create account. (please remember to do this)
Your purchase and details will be confirmed on a page where you can download the course book and workbook.
Access your account:
If you want to access the course content online go to: My Account
You will be able to access the modules online and download the course book and workbook from there as well.
What materials do you need?
- You need access to a computer, the internet, and if you decide to print the workbook, a printer.
- Writing materials. We would encourage you to write by hand as much as possible, but, you are welcome to use any tool or material that you are comfortable with. No two methods, or two writers, are the same.
How do you complete the exercises?
- Either download the course and work off a printed version OR work from the online modules on the website.
- For the free writing exercises, simply put pen to paper and see where it takes you.
- For the more structured exercises, try to follow the instructions. But then again, it’s creative writing and there are no rules.
* You can use this session to ask questions and discuss your writing. You can submit a piece of writing of no longer than 1 000 words for the session. The session must be taken within six months of signing up for the course.
P.S. If you want to speak to us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your request.
Refund Policy: Our online courses are non-refundable. Once the course is accessed/downloaded, no refund will be granted regardless of the reason.