Writers Write shares writing prompts and writing resources. Use these writing prompts for March 2023 to get you writing.
This month we’re still looking at how to achieve your goals.
I hope that you did your homework last month and that those writing appointments have been written in your diaries. Are you keeping your appointments? Let’s see how we can guarantee that you will show up to the page when you say you will.
Tip: Make it easy
Set yourself up for success. The easier you make it for yourself to manage your small steps the easier it will be to achieve your big goals. Prepare your space and your tools to make your success inevitable.
- You have a writing appointment. This can be first thing, during your lunch hour or after 9 pm. Make sure that people know you are busy during that time. You don’t have to tell them what you are doing, but close the door and switch your phone to silent. Take the appointment seriously.
- What do you plan to use to write? I prefer my computer and Scrivener. You may use a notebook and a pen. Make sure the computer is charged and that you have enough pages in your notebook. Nothing must stop you from starting.
- Where do you plan to write? Is it cosy? Is it distraction free? Is there enough light? Make sure you are comfortable in that position you’ll be sitting.
- Make it nice. Do you have tea or water or coffee nearby? Light a scented candle. Make sure you are warm enough or cool enough. This is your special time in your special spot.
- Know when to stop. Decide on how much writing you need or want to do. Do you want to write 500 words per day or write continuously for 30 minutes? Great. Do it and then stop. You don’t have to write all day, every day. I do better when I have limits and time constraints.
If you would like to read more about successful systems check out Atomic Habits by James Clear.
31 Writing Prompts For March 2023
Download your prompts here: 31 Writing Prompts For March 2023
Do you want a daily prompt?
If you would rather have a free daily writing prompt from us, sign up here: Join Our Newsletter
by Mia Botha
Looking for more prompts?
- 28 Writing Prompts For February 2023
- 31 Writing Prompts For January 2023
- 31 Writing Prompts For December 2022
- 30 Writing Prompts For November 2022
- 31 Writing Prompts For October 2022
- 30 Writing Prompts For September 2022
- 31 Writing Prompts For August 2022
- 31 Writing Prompts For July 2022
- 30 Writing Prompts For June 2022
- 31 Writing Prompts For May 2022