In this post, we share a selection of films that the author of the post believed were better than the book.
This list was compiled with a vague sense of unease. I generally don’t believe any film is better than the book. However, sometimes there are books that aren’t that good to start with. At other times, magic happens and the film is as good as, or even better than, the original.
15 Films That Were Better Than, Or As Good As, The Book
These are 15 films that I believe were actually better than, or as good as, the book.
- Atonement by Ian McEwan
- Breakfast at Tiffany’s by Truman Capote
- Fight Club by Chuck Palhniuk
- Fried Green Tomatoes At The Whistle Stop Cafe by Fannie Flagg
- Jaws by Peter Benchley
- Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
- No Country For Old Men by Cormac McCarthy
- One Flew Over The Cuckoo’s Nest by Ken Kesey
- The Cider House Rules by John Irving
- The Devil Wears Prada by Lauren Weisberger
- The English Patient by Michael Ondaatje
- The Green Mile by Stephen King
- The Help by Kathryn Stockett
- The Princess Bride by William Goldman
- Trainspotting by Irvine Welsh
Please share films that you enjoyed more than, or as much as, the book below.
Top Tip: If you want to learn how to write a screenplay, sign up for our NEW online course: The Script.