Michael Crichton was born 23 October 1942, and died 4 November 2008
Five Michael Crichton Quotes
- Do you know what we call opinion in the absence of evidence? We call it prejudice.
- Books aren’t written – they’re rewritten. Including your own. It is one of the hardest things to accept, especially after the seventh rewrite hasn’t quite done it.
- I am certain there is too much certainty in the world.
- In the information society, nobody thinks. We expect to banish paper, but we actually banish thought.
- Instead of writing thrillers to pay for my train bills, I was actually now going to medical school in order to have something to write about. We would all be standing around a patient with our instructor, and everybody would be making notes about the patient and I would be making notes about the doctors.
Michael Crichton was an American best-selling author, producer, director, and screenwriter. He was known for his work in the science fiction, medical fiction, and thriller genres. His books have sold over 200 million copies worldwide, and many have been adapted into films. In 1994, Crichton became the only writer to have works simultaneously charting at No. 1 in television, film, and book sales with ER, Jurassic Park, and Disclosure.
Please click here for our Literary Birthday Calendar