Sometimes, we think we know what we’re saying, but we may not be using the correct phrase. In this infographic, we share 23 common phrases you could be using wrong.
Jennifer Frost writes: ‘I hope GrammarCheck’s latest infographic will whet your appetite for good grammar.
Yes, I spelled “whet” correctly. Does that surprise you?
Even native and fluent speakers of English often use common phrases the wrong way, or spell them wrong. You can learn more about these tricky terms in the infographic itself:
When you master these phrases, you’ll elevate your writing and speech to a new level.
Which one surprised you the most? Or are you a pro with all twenty-three? Tell us and your peers what you think!’
Source for ‘23 Common Phrases You Could be Using Wrong’ infographic: Grammar Check
If you are looking for more infographics, you might like these:
- 250 Useful Phrases You Can Use At Work
- 16 Boring Adjectives & What to Use Instead
- 16 Boring Verbs & What To Use Instead
- 20 Lazy Word Choices Even Native English Speakers Make
- 44 Common Confusions To Annoy The Grammar Police
- 17 Pretentious Words & What to Use Instead
- 15 Grammar Rules It’s Okay to Break
- 10 Editing Tips That’ll Instantly Make You a Better Writer
- How To Check Your Grammar In Email
Top Tip: If you want to learn how to write a book, sign up for our online course.