Have you ever wondered which generation reads the most? In this post, our guest blogger answers the question.
Which Generation Reads The Most?
Best By The Numbers set out to answer this question with a nifty new infographic.
While reading habits are surprisingly similar across the different generations, there are also some notable differences.
When it comes to the five generations—Gen Z, Millennials, Gen Y, Baby Boomers, and the Silent Generation—they all have different life experiences and expectations.
How do these life experiences and expectations influence their reading habits?
Here are some key takeaways from the infographic:
- Gen Z has increased their reading more than any other generation since the start of coronavirus.
- Millennials read the most books.
- Physical books are preferable over digital books for every generation.
- Baby Boomers and the Silent Generation find their book ideas on bestseller lists, while Gen Z looks to social media.
- The surprise generation that uses libraries the most is Millennials.
- Gen X are pure “news junkies”—every day they read more online news than anyone else.
- And something a little fun? The older French generations are more like to read erotic fiction.
What do these statistics tell us?
Every generation likes to read, and this includes the tech-obsessed Millennials and Gen Zs.
So, while many small publishers in particular have been affected by coronavirus, everyone still loves to read books and online content. And this trend looks set to continue well into the future.
The infographic below has further insights into the reading habits of the 5 generations.
Source for infographic: Best By The Numbers
by Isabel Cabrera, Communications Manager, The Expert Editor
If you are looking for more infographics, you might like these:
- 16 Easy Ways To Unleash Your Creativity
- 19 New Words To Add To Your Vocabulary In 2020
- A Map Of Forbidden Books Around The World
- The Surprising Reading Habits Of Millennials
- 15 Grammar Rules It’s Okay to Break
- 11 Steps To Writing A Bestselling Novel
- Writing As Therapy
- The Ultimate Grammar Cheat Sheet for Writers
- The Ultimate Flowchart For Finding Your Next Good Read
- The Science Behind Writing Drunk And Editing Sober