Are you wondering when you need to use formal and informal words. In this infographic, we share 100 examples of formal vs informal words.
The tone of your writing is always important. In formal writing it is more serious and respectful. In informal writing it is more casual and flippant.
Jennifer Frost writes:
Do you know when to use formal or informal language in your writing?
Take a look at GrammarCheck’s latest infographic for 100 sample pairs of common formal and informal expressions (and more):
Formal vs Informal Words: 100 Examples & What You Need to Know
Please share with anyone you think might benefit. Thank you.’
We hope these examples of formal vs informal words help you understand the difference between the two.
Source for infographic: Grammar Check
If you are looking for more infographics, you might like these:
- 80 Wordy Expressions & What You Could Use Instead
- 10 Writing Errors Even Native Speakers Make
- 14 Tips & Tricks To Make Your Writing Stronger
- 52 Common Latin Terms Everyone Should Know
- 23 Common Phrases You Could be Using Wrong
- 250 Useful Phrases You Can Use At Work
- 16 Boring Adjectives & What to Use Instead