Read our Writers Write Interview with Philippa Gregory.
1. Who is your favourite hero of fiction?
The protagonist from Mine Own Executioner by Nigel Balchin
2. What is your most treasured possession?
My Porsche Carrera – a blue convertible
3. Which living person do you most dislike?
4. What is your greatest fear?
Afraid of being afraid
5. Who or what has been the greatest love of your life?
My husband, Anthony Mason, and our 6 children
6. What is your greatest regret?
I wish I’d been better educated – instead of being lazy and rebellious
7. If you could choose to be a character in a book, who would it be?
8. Which book have you read the most in your lifetime?
Howard’s End by E M Forster
9. What is your favourite journey?
The train ride between Devon and Cornwall
10. What do you most value in a friend?
Loyalty and trustworthiness
11. What quality do you most admire in a woman?
12. Which book that you’ve written is your favourite?
The Constant Princess
13. What advice would you give to aspiring authors?
Write the best you can – honour your heart.
14. What are your favourite names?
Sara and Harry
15. What do you do as a hobby?
Ride horses, swim, country walks.
16. What are your top 3 books?
- Women Who Run With Wolves
- The Collected Works of James Thurber
- The Art of Loving by Erich Fromm
17. Where do you get your greatest ideas for writing?
Research. One book suggests another..
by Amanda Patterson, June 2006