At the beginning of every year, we have a tradition of posting our Top 42 Writing Posts from the previous year.
(There was no special reason for the number 42 in 2013 when we started, but we’ve kept up the tradition since then.)
The runaway favourite was Write Your Novel In A Year – Week 35: 3 Must-Have Scenes That Reveal Character by Anthony Ehlers.
Please tell us which post you liked best in the comments section below.
- Write Your Novel In A Year – Week 35: 3 Must-Have Scenes That Reveal Character
- 60 Things For Your Characters To Do When They Talk Or Think
- 13 Writing Lessons From Stephen King’s On Writing
- The 17 Most Popular Genres In Fiction – And Why They Matter
- Write Your Novel In A Year – Week 1: Start Strong, Start Simple
- 7 Other Characters To Consider When You Write A Book
- Have You Tried The Most Dangerous Writing App?
- 33 Perfectly Odd Oxymorons
- What Makes A Reader Stop Reading A Book?
- Affect vs Effect & 34 Other Common Confusions
- 20 Writing Mistakes Even Native Speakers Make
- 33 Commonly Misunderstood Words & Phrases
- 10 Dialogue Errors To Avoid At All Costs
- The 7 Critical Elements Of A Great Book
- How To Write Fabulous Dialogue In 5 Easy Steps
- The 4 Writing Styles Everybody Needs To Know
- 18 Things Writers Need To Know About Editing And Proofreading
- The Only Character Questionnaire You Need to Complete
- Don’t Ever Do This When You Write For Children
- The Top 42 Writing Posts of 2015
- 7 Awesome Foreshadowing Tips For Fiction Writers
- Past Or Present Tense? Which One Will You Use?
- The Awesome Foursome Fictional Characters
- Write Your Novel In A Year – Week 2: Finding Your Red,Yellow, And Blue
- 10 Writing Contests You Should Definitely Enter
- 127 Prompts To Finish Before You Write About Yourself
- 5 Weak Words To Avoid & What To Use Instead
- 6-Stage Plot Structure For Successful Storytelling
- 7 Choices That Affect A Writer’s Style
- 6 Things Alfred Hitchcock Can Teach You About Writing
- All About Prefixes
- 6 Ways To Shorten Your Sentences And Improve YourWriting
- 8 Important Things To Remember When You Rewrite Dialogue
- Write Your Novel In A Year – Week 3: Getting To Grips With Genre And Tone
- February Writing Prompts
- From Passive Voice To Active Voice – How To Spot It & How To Change It
- 17 Questions A Reader Needs To Ask To Become A Better Writer
- January Writing Prompts
- Flip Your Characters To Twist A Plot
- All You Need To Know About Punctuating And Formatting Dialogue
- Why Adverbs Are The Tequila Of Writing Dialogue
- 7 Writing Tips From Roald Dahl
In the Past