Happy Birthday, David Drake, born 24 September 1945.
- I work on a notebook computer outside, then edit the hardcopy and go through at least three drafts.
- I do plots beginning to end, and I do very long plots, but there’s not a right way.
- I think it’s necessary for a successful writer to be a reader.
- The world is not obligated to care. (via)
- Nothing’s boring if it’s in your soul.
David Drake is an American author of science fiction and fantasy literature. His best-known work is the Hammer’s Slammers series of military science fiction. He has written or co-written over 60 books; edited or co-edited about thirty; done plot outlines for another twenty-odd, the books themselves being written by another author.
Please click here for our Literary Birthday Calendar