Happy Birthday, Conn Iggulden, born 24 February 1971.
- In this age of video games and cell phones, there must still be a place for knots, tree houses, and stories of incredible courage.
- I write a thousand words a day and then begin the next day by re-reading it and polishing. As the book gets longer, I re-read each bit about a thousand times.
- There are chapters, even whole books that have come easily. Others are murder.
- From the densest, most obscure bit of literary fiction to something that makes your heart race, it all boils down to this: people care about people…. Understand that and you can write anything.
- I began with fantasy novels and loved the wild flights of imagination. That was a drug to me and a world I wanted to join.
Conn Iggulden is a British author who mainly writes historical fiction. He has written three bestselling historical series: Wars of the Roses, the Emperor, and the Conqueror series. Popular titles in the series include Genghis: Birth Of An Empire and Emperor: The Gates of Rome. He also publishes under the name C.F. Iggulden.
Please click here for our Literary Birthday Calendar