Astrid Lindgren was born 14 November 1907, and died 28 January 2002
- A childhood without books – that would be no childhood. That would be like being shut out from the enchanted place where you can go and find the rarest kind of joy.
- Someone who is very strong has to be very nice also.
- What the world of tomorrow will be like is greatly dependent on the power of imagination in those who are learning to read today.
- Everything great that ever happened in this world happened first in somebody’s imagination.
- I want to write for a readership that can create miracles. Children create miracles when they read. That’s why children need books.
Source for Quotes
Astrid Lindgren was a Swedish writer. She is best known for her children’s book series featuring Pippi Longstocking. She is the world’s 18th most translated author and has sold 144 million books worldwide.
Source for Image
Please click here for our Literary Birthday Calendar