Happy Birthday, Anne Enright, born 11 October 1962.
- Being a writer is mostly a question of typing.
- They say writers are good at solitude but I think we are just tenacious. It can take years to complete a novel.
- The best advice I ever received was from my mother: never use a big word when a small one will do.
- My advice to anyone who wants to write is to get over yourself.
- I wrote every day for 30 years, even on weekends. My schedule has changed somewhat since becoming Laureate for Irish Fiction but I still believe in chipping away at it.
Please click here for our Literary Birthday Calendar