Read our Writers Write Interview with Santa Montefiore.
The Writers Write Interview With Santa Montefiore
Author: Santa Montefiore
Birthday: 2 February 1970
Date: 9 May 2006
Where: Erwins, Sandton, South Africa
The Book: The Gypsy Madonna (Hodder)
1. Who is your favourite hero of fiction?
The Count of Monte Cristo.
2. What is your most treasured possession?
3. Which living person do you most dislike?
Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie. They are smug, superficial – awful.
4. What is your greatest fear?
Losing my children.
5. Who or what has been the greatest love of your life?
My husband, Simon.
6. What is your greatest regret?
Not going and living in Paris. Not learning to play the piano properly.
7. If you could choose to be a character in a book, who would it be?
Emma in Emma.
8. Which book have you read the most in your lifetime?
Love In The Time Of Cholera.
9. What is your favourite journey?
10. What do you most value in a friend?
11. What quality do you most admire in a woman?
Empathy and compassion.
12. Which book that you’ve written is your favourite?
Meet Me Under The Ombu Tree
13. What advice would you give to aspiring authors?
- You only need one agent or one publisher to like your work.
- Never give up.
- Write about what you know.
- Don’t force a genre.
14. What are your favourite names?
Raphael and Sofia.
15. What do you do as a hobby?
Play the piano, write songs ,and sing.
16. What are your top three books?
- The Count of Monte Christo
- Love In The Time Of Cholera
- Anna Karenina
17. Where do you get your greatest ideas for writing?
Interviewer: Amanda Patterson, 9 May 2006