Writers Write is a comprehensive resource for writers. In this post, we share a selection of our favourite literary quotes about coffee.
National Coffee Day is on 29 September and International Coffee Day is on 1 October every year. They are annual events for the celebration and enjoyment of coffee. The days are used to promote fair trade coffee and to raise awareness for the plight of coffee growers.
The Top 10 Quotes About Coffee
- Should I kill myself, or have a cup of coffee? ~Albert Camus
- I have measured out my life with coffee spoons. ~T.S. Eliot
- It is inhumane, in my opinion, to force people who have a genuine medical need for coffee to wait in line behind people who apparently view it as some kind of recreational activity. ~Dave Barry
- I like my coffee with cream and my literature with optimism. ~Abigail Reynolds
- Coffee is the best thing to douse the sunrise with. ~Terri Guillemets
- No matter what historians claimed, BC really stood for ‘Before Coffee’. ~Cherise Sinclair
- Many people claim coffee inspires them, but, as everybody knows, coffee only makes boring people even more boring. ~Honoré de Balzac
- I’d rather take coffee than compliments just now. ~Louisa May Alcott
- That’s something that annoys the hell out of me- I mean if somebody says the coffee’s all ready and it isn’t. ~J.D. Salinger
- In Seattle, you haven’t had enough coffee until you can thread a sewing machine while it’s running. ~Jeff Bezos
If you enjoyed this post, you may want to read:
- 12 Literary Quotes About The Moon
- The Top 21 Literary Quotes about Fools
- The Top 12 Quotes about Politicians
- The Top 10 Writer’s Block Quotes
- The Top 12 Literary Quotes About Tea
Visit our online shop for workbooks and courses.