Writers Write creates resources for business writers. In this post, we give you 7 basic guidelines for better email etiquette.
Email etiquette is important because we use emails in business writing for everything we do. We answer questions, ask questions, inform, entertain, and promote.
TOP TIP: If you want to write great emails, buy The Complete Email Workbook.
7 Guidelines For Better Email Etiquette
If you want to improve your email etiquette, follow these rules:
- Respond to emails within 24 hours.
- Say please and thank you in emails.
- Always spell check and proofread emails.
- Spell recipients’ names correctly.
- Write short messages – 50% of all emails are now read on smart phones.
- Use short sentences.
- Use bullet points.
If you want to know more about email etiquette, read