Writers Write creates resources for business writers. In this post, we give you 7 basic guidelines for better email etiquette.
Email etiquette is important because we use emails in business writing for everything we do. We answer questions, ask questions, inform, entertain, and promote.
7 Guidelines For Better Email Etiquette
If you want to improve your email etiquette, follow these rules:
- Respond to emails within 24 hours.
- Say please and thank you in emails.
- Always spell check and proofread emails.
- Spell recipients’ names correctly.
- Write short messages – 50% of all emails are now read on smart phones.
- Use short sentences.
- Use bullet points.
If you want to improve your business writing skills, join us for The Plain Language Programme.
If you want to know more about email etiquette, read