Writers Write is a comprehensive writing resource. In this post, we share five interesting facts about Roald Dahl.
13 September is known as Roald Dahl Day. Roald Dahl was born 13 September 1916, and died 23 November 1990. The British novelist, short story writer, poet, fighter pilot, and screenwriter became one of the world’s best-selling authors.
Five quite interesting facts about Roald Dahl
- Dahl wrote 17 children’s books.
- Seven of his children’s book have been adapted into films.
- Since his death in 1990, more than 37 million copies of his books have sold in the UK alone – more than one million a year.
- Dahl served in the Second World War as an RAF fighter pilot.
- He also wrote the screenplays for Chitty Chitty Bang Bang and the James Bond movie You Only Live Twice.
Last year we posted a beautiful letter he wrote to one of his fans. Read it here.
Roald Dahl’s best-loved novels have been celebrated with this set of stamps.
If you enjoyed this post, read:
Source for Image