If you want to write great dialogue, buy The Dialogue Workbook. It will teach you everything you need to know to write compelling dialogue.
The Dialogue Workbook
The Dialogue Workbook has 14 chapters on every aspect of dialogue.
It is suitable for anybody at any level who wants to write brilliant dialogue.
Author, writing coach, Writers Write facilitator, and short story expert, Mia Botha will instruct you on the best practices of writing dialogue.
The Purpose Of This Workbook
- This workbook is an easy-to-download book designed to help you learn how to write dialogue.
- It provides theory, examples, and exercises to help you improve your dialogue writing skills.
- It is a companion workbook to our Writers Write – How to write a book course.
The Objectives Of This Workbook
- To help writers of all levels understand what makes dialogue work.
- To help you understand the function and format of dialogue.
- To provide solutions to common dialogue problems.
- To give you helpful exercises to kickstart your dialogue.
- To show you how dialogue can solve many of your story writing problems.
What you get:
- A downloadable PDF workbook.
- Immediate access through your account.
The workbook includes:
Theory, practical examples, and helpful sets of exercises on all these topics:
- No Dialogue?
- Talking Heads.
- Verbs And Adverbs.
- Show, Don’t Tell.
- Phone A Friend.
- When They All Sound The Same.
- Profanity, Accents, & Dialects.
- Social Media.
- Formatting & Punctuation.
What materials do I need?
- You need a device, like a phone, a tablet, or a computer, and access to the internet.
- If you want to print it, you need access to a printer or print shop.
- When you complete the exercises, we encourage you to write by hand. But you are welcome to use any tool or material that you are comfortable with. No two methods, or two writers, are the same.
How do I complete the exercises?
We recommend reading one lesson at a time and taking notes on anything you found interesting or anything new you learned. After reading each lesson, complete the exercises that go with it.
- Set aside a time to write.
- Work from this book.
- Follow the instructions.
- Complete the lessons.
How much is it?
How to buy your workbook:
- Choose The Dialogue Workbook.
- Add to basket.
- View basket.
- Proceed to checkout.
- Pay: $20
- Create an account. Make sure to check this option.
- Your purchase and details will be confirmed.
- If you want to download the course content online go to: My Account
You will be able to access the workbook from there. Click on its name and it will begin to download.
Have fun and happy writing!
Refund Policy: Our workbooks are non-refundable. Once the workbook is accessed/downloaded, no refund will be granted regardless of the reason.
For more great workbooks and courses, visit our shop here.