Happy Birthday, Elizabeth Bear, born 22 September 1971.
- Every one of us is a minor tragedy. Most of us learn to cope.
- What was a book? Not just ink and fibre and stitchery: a series of processes. To a wizard, it was not a static object–but a human thought caught and bound, made concrete through sacred technology. Magic, then, and a deep form of it.
- Eavesdropping‘s a sin, but ignorance is fatal. Take your pick.
- The secret to getting away with lying, is believing with all your heart. That goes for lying to yourself even more so than lying to another
- The path to knowledge follows many strange turnings.
Elizabeth Bear is an American novelist and short story writer. She is the author of many books including The Jenny Casey Trilogy, The Promethean Age series, including Blood and Iron, the Jacob’s Ladder Trilogy, and the Eternal Sky Trilogy, including Range of Ghosts.
Please click here for our Literary Birthday Calendar