Leonard Cohen was born 21 September 1934 and died 7 November 2016.
- There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.
- Poetry is just the evidence of life. If your life is burning well, poetry is just the ash.
- Children show scars like medals. Lovers use them as a secrets to reveal. A scar is what happens when the word is made flesh.
- The last refuge of the insomniac is a sense of superiority to the sleeping world.
- How can I begin anything new with all of yesterday in me?
- We are not mad. We are human. We want to love, and someone must forgive us for the paths we take to love, for the paths are many and dark, and we are ardent and cruel in our journey.
- Act the way you’d like to be and soon you’ll be the way you act.
- Reality is one of the possibilities I cannot afford to ignore.
- I have tried in my way to be free.
This song, Traveling Light, was written by Cohen in 2016, the year he died.
Please click here for our Literary Birthday Calendar