Happy Birthday, Liane Moriarty, born 15 November 1966.
10 Quotes from Novels
- None of us ever know all the possible courses our lives could have and maybe should have taken. It’s probably just as well. Some secrets are meant to stay secret forever.
- Reading a novel was like returning to a once-beloved holiday destination.
- Did anyone really know their child? Your child was a little stranger, constantly changing, disappearing and reintroducing himself to you. New personality traits could appear overnight.
- They say it’s good to let your grudges go, but I don’t know, I’m quite fond of my grudge. I tend it like a little pet.
- Marriage was a form of insanity; love hovering permanently on the edge of aggravation.
- The medication, the hormones and the relentless frustrations of our lives make us bitchy and you’re not allowed to be bitchy in public or people won’t like you.
- It had never crossed her mind that sending your child to school would be like going back to school yourself.
- All conflict can be traced back to someone’s feelings getting hurt, don’t you think?
- Children did this. They sensed when there was something controversial or sensitive and they pushed and pushed like tiny prosecutors.
- You could try as hard as you could to imagine someone else’s tragedy—drowning in icy waters, living in a city split by a wall—but nothing truly hurts until it happens to you.
‘Think of nothing else but your story – not the world of publishing, or what makes a best-seller, or should you self-publish or not, or should it be more erotic or funnier or sadder, or how will you make sure nobody else steals your ideas – just lose yourself in the pleasure of writing your story. Then edit, edit, edit. THEN and only then should you think about all that other stuff.’
Liane Moriarty is an Australian author. Her best-selling novels include What Alice Forgot, The Husband’s Secret, and Big Little Lies, which was made into a television series starring Reese Witherspoon and Nicole Kidman. Her latest novel is Apples Never Fall. Her sisters, Jaclyn and Nicola, are also writers.
Source for image
Please click here for our Literary Birthday Calendar