Brian Jacques was born 15 June 1939, and died 5 February 2011.
Brian Jacques Quotes
- I suppose there’s a child inside me who wants to get out, … A little baldy child with a beard. Ha!
- The stories start to come to me in all sorts of ways. I dream some of the parts and I find myself restless when a story starts to weave in and out of my thoughts. Then I must get down to writing. It won’t let me rest until it is on the page!
- I like to write in my garden, preferably but not exclusively, in good weather. I have a certain pen and a very old typewriter. Nothing else makes me feel comfortable.
- I still pinch meself when I wake up of a morning, … Who ever thought I’d be a children’s author — let alone a best-selling children’s author? I feel I should still be driving a truck, or (working as) a longshoreman.
- Look around you. Absorb and remember, use the things you know well and adapt them to your work. Above all, paint the picture with words.
Brian Jacques was an English author. He wrote the Redwall series of children’s novels, which sold more than 20 million copies worldwide and were translated into 28 languages. He also wrote the Castaways of the Flying Dutchman series.
Please click here for our Literary Birthday Calendar