e.e. cummings was born 14 October 1894, and died 3 September 1962.
The 10 Most Beautiful e.e. cummings Quotes
- Whenever you think or you believe or you know, you’re a lot of other people: but the moment you feel, you’re nobody-but-yourself.
- It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are.
- Unbeing dead isn’t being alive.
- The most wasted of all days is one without laughter.
- We do not believe in ourselves until someone reveals that deep inside us something is valuable, worth listening to, worthy of our trust, sacred to our touch. Once we believe in ourselves we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight or any experience that reveals the human spirit.
- Lovers alone wear sunlight.
- Unless you love someone, nothing else makes sense.
- Love is the voice under all silences, the hope which has no opposite in fear; the strength so strong mere force is feebleness: the truth more first than sun, more last than star…
- She may be going to Hell, of course, but at least she isn’t standing still.
- Yours is the light by which my spirit’s born: – you are my sun, my moon, and all my stars.
e.e. cummings was an American poet, painter, essayist, and playwright. His body of work encompasses more than 900 poems, several plays and essays, numerous drawings, sketches, and paintings, as well as two novels. He is remembered as a pre-eminent voice of 20th century poetry, as well as one of the most popular.
Please click here for our Literary Birthday Calendar