Happy Birthday, Scott Turow, born 12 April 1949.
Scott Turow Quotes
- Who are we but the stories we tell ourselves, about ourselves, and believe?
- I adore the company of other writers because they are so often lively minds and, frequently, blazingly funny. And of course, we get each other in a unique way.
- The great break of my literary career was going to law school.
- If life’s lessons could be reduced to single sentences, there would be no need for fiction.
- Life is simply experience; for reasons not readily discerned, we attempt to go on.
- The purpose of narrative is to present us with complexity and ambiguity.
- The truth of the matter is that the people who succeed in the arts most often are the people who get up again after getting knocked down. Persistence is critical.
- Only in the mystery novel are we delivered final and unquestionable solutions. The joke to me is that fiction gives you a truth that reality can’t deliver.
Source for Image
Please click here for our Literary Birthday Calendar