Friedrich von Schiller was born 10 November 1759, and died 9 May 1805
Friedrich von Schiller Quotes
- Art is the daughter of freedom.
- Only those who have to do simple things perfectly will acquire the skill to do difficult things easily.
- With stupidity the gods themselves struggle in vain.
- Every true genius is bound to be naive.
- Historians are prophets with their face turned backward.
- Aesthetic matters are fundamental for the harmonious development of both society and the individual.
- It does not prove a thing to be right because the majority say it is so.
- There is no such thing as chance; and what seem to us merest accident springs from the deepest source of destiny.
- Freedom can occur only through education.
- Great souls suffer in silence.
Friedrich von Schiller was a German poet, philosopher, historian, and playwright.
Source for Image
Please click here for our Literary Birthday Calendar