Terence Rattigan was born 10 June 1911 and died 30 November 1977.
- A playwright must be his own audience. A novelist may lose his readers for a few pages; a playwright never dares lose his audience for a minute.
- To see yourself as the world sees you may be very brave, but it can also be very foolish.
- But the world is a dark enough place for even a little flicker to be welcome.
- I will not insult you by trying to tell you that one day you will forget. I know as well as you that you will not. But, at least, in time you will not remember as fiercely as you do now – and I pray that that time may be soon.
- To face life without hope can mean to live without despair.
Please click here for our Literary Birthday Calendar