In this post, we’ve included a simple first draft checklist to help you write your book.
- Who is your protagonist and antagonist?
- Can you tell your story in three lines?
- Have you figured out your inciting moment?
- Have you identified your first, second and third surprises?
- Do you have your sub-plots in place?
Read these posts and then fill in the checklist.
First Draft Checklist For Novelists
Print the first draft checklist out, fill it in, and stick it to your wall.
by Mia Botha
If you enjoyed this post, you will love:
- If John Green feels like fraud, how am I supposed to cope?
- 14 Points To Consider Before You Write The Ending
- Seven Ways Blogging Improves Your Writing
Top Tip: If you want to learn how to write a book, sign up for our online course.