Use this editing checklist for writers when you’re rewriting your book or short story.
Are you thinking about editing your own copy? Sometimes, we have to do this ourselves.
There are four types of book editing – developmental, substantive, line, and proofreading.
Unfortunately, we aren’t all able to afford the services of professionals who could do this for us.
The checklist below will help you correct common errors writers make in their first drafts.
[Top Tip: If you need practical help with your grammar, buy The Complete Grammar Workbook.]
Source for Checklist
Are you about to edit your book? You may enjoy these useful posts:
- 12-Steps to Self-Editing – your stress-free guide to preparing a manuscript
- How to rewrite and revise your manuscript – I’ve learnt to stop
- Rewriting – A Checklist for Authors
You may also enjoy these useful posts:
- 5 Guaranteed Ways To Bore Your Reader
- 17 Ways To Make your Novel More Memorable
- 3 Simple Ways To Get Your Hero To Make A Stand
If you want to learn how to write a book, sign up for our online course.