In this post, we share our interview with Barbara Nadel. The author answered our questions in Johannesburg, South Africa.
Barbara Nadel is an English crime-writer. Many of her books are set in Turkey, others in London’s East End.
The Writers Write Interview With Barbara Nadel
The Author: Barbara Nadel
Date: 20 February 2006
Place: Twigs, The Garden Shop, Parktown
Date of birth: ?
The Book: Dance With Death (Headline)
1. Who is your favourite hero of fiction?
2. What is your most treasured possession?
A photograph of my father when he was young – happy and running through the snow.
3. Which living person do you most dislike?
George W Bush
4. What is your greatest fear?
My son pre-deceasing me.
5. Who or what has been the greatest love of your life?
My husband and my son.
6. What is your greatest regret?
Not visiting my father on the day that he died, when I had a feeling I should have.
7. If you could choose to be a character in a book, who would it be?
Justine in The Alexandria Quartet.
8. Which book have you read the most in your lifetime?
The Alexandria Quartet
9. What is your favourite journey?
A ferry on the Bospherous from the docks at Eminonu to Anadolu Kavagi.
10. What do you most value in a friend?
11. What quality do you most admire in a woman?
Straightforwardness – especially in the workplace where there can be terrible deception.
12. Which book that you’ve written is your favourite?
A Chemical Prison
13. What advice would you give to aspiring authors?
Keep going, especially if you have something interesting to say.
14. What are your favourite names?
Greek Names – Alexis, Dmitri, Constantin. Also an Albanaian name – Atom.
15. What do you do as a hobby?
I knit and watch rubbish on television.
16. What are your top three books?
- The Alexandria Quartet
- Wuthering Heights
- Motherless Brooklyn by Jonatahn Latham
17. Where do you get your greatest ideas for writing?
From the city of Istanbul
Source for image
If you want to read more of our interviews, click here