Happy Birthday, Jamie Ford, born 9 July 1968.
- If someone likes my fiction more for the quality of my prose rather than the quality of my storytelling, I’m doing something wrong.
- I try not to live in the past…but…sometimes the past lives in me.
- Some things just can’t be put back together. Some things can never be fixed. Two broken pieces can’t make a lot of anything anymore. But at least he had the broken pieces.
- The hardest choices in life aren’t between what’s right and what’s wrong but between what’s right and what’s best.
- The library is like a candy store where everything is free.
- There are people in our lives whom we love, and lose, and unfailingly long for. They orbit our hearts like Halley’s Comet, crossing into our universe only once, or if we are lucky, twice in a lifetime.
- As an author, I get paid to break my own heart on a regular basis.
Jamie Ford is an American author. He is best known for his debut novel, Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet, which spent two years on the New York Times bestseller list. Follow @JamieFord on Twitter.
Photo credit: Eric Heidle
Please click here for our Literary Birthday Calendar