Margaret Ayer Barnes was born 8 April 1886, and died 25 October 1967.
Margaret Ayer Barnes Quotes
- Childless women slipped gracefully into middle age. There was no one particular awkward moment when they climbed up on the shelf.
- Sentiment, crystallised, grows into sentimentality. It lost all spontaneity, which was the essence of feeling. It was dated–old-fashioned.
- Curious, isn’t it that talking with the right people means something so different from “talking with the right person”?
- Character comes before scholarship.
- The trouble with education is that we always read everything when we’re too young to know what it means. And the trouble with life is that we’re always too busy to reread it later.
Please click here for our Literary Birthday Calendar