Happy Birthday, Diane Ackerman, born 7 October 1948.
- We live on the leash of our senses.
- Nothing is more memorable than a smell. One scent can be unexpected, momentary and fleeting, yet conjure up a childhood summer beside a lake in the mountains.
- Everyone admits that love is wonderful and necessary, yet no one agrees on just what it is.
- A poem records emotions and moods that lie beyond normal language, that can only be patched together and hinted at metaphorically.
- Words are small shapes in the gorgeous chaos of the world.
- It began in mystery, and it will end in mystery, but what a savage and beautiful country lies in between.
- There is no way in which to understand the world without first detecting it through the radar-net of our senses.
- Libraries change lives. They are the soul of a people.
- I don’t want to get to the end of my life and find that I lived just the length of it. I want to have lived the width of it as well.
- We can’t enchant the world, which makes its own magic; but we can enchant ourselves by paying deep attention.
Source for Image
Please click here for our Literary Birthday Calendar