Happy Birthday, Keigo Higashino, born 4 February 1958.
- Sometimes, all you had to do was exist in order to be someone’s saviour.
- When an amateur attempts to conceal something, the more complex he makes his camouflage, the deeper the grave he digs for himself. But not so a genius. The genius does something far simpler, yet something no normal person would even dream of, the last thing a normal person would think of doing. And from this simplicity, immense complexity is created.
- It’s more difficult to create the problem than to solve it. All the person trying to solve the problem has to do is always respect the problem’s creator.
- Watching people is a bit of a hobby of mine. It’s quite fascinating, really.
- The relationship between teacher and student is based on illusion. The teacher is under the illusion that he is teaching something, and the student is under the illusion that he is being taught.
- Murder mysteries cross well between cultures because people have bad sides as well as good. People show their true natures in the act of committing a crime.
Click here for our Literary Birthday Calendar