Rainer Maria Rilke was born 4 December 1875, and died 29 December 1926.
Rainer Maria Rilke Quotes
- The only journey is the one within.
- We see the brightness of a new page where everything yet can happen.
- Spring has returned. The Earth is like a child that knows poems.
- The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things.
- A person isn’t who they are during the last conversation you had with them – they’re who they’ve been throughout your whole relationship.
- Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love.
- He was a poet and hated the approximate.
- Find out the reason that commands you to write; see whether it has spread its roots into the very depth of your heart; confess to yourself you would have to die if you were forbidden to write.
- Love consists of this: two solitudes that meet, protect, and greet each other.
- Ah, how good it is to be among people who are reading!
Rainer Maria Rilke was an Austrian poet and novelist. He is considered one of the German language’s greatest 20th century poets. His two most famous prose works are the Letters to a Young Poet and The Notebooks of Malte Laurids Brigge.
Source for Image
Are you interested in more authors’ birthdays? Please click here: Literary Birthday Calendar