Maurice Maeterlinck was born 29 August 1862, and died 6 May 1949.
- Happiness is rarely absent; it is we that know not of its presence.
- Each progressive spirit is opposed by a thousand mediocre minds appointed to guard the past.
- The truth that seems discouraging does in reality only transform the courage of those strong enough to accept it; and, in any event, a truth that disheartens, because it is true, is still of far more value than the most stimulating of falsehoods.
- If the bee disappeared off the face of the earth, man would only have four years left to live.
- How strangely do we diminish a thing as soon as we try to express it in words.
- Many a happiness in life, as many a disaster, can be due to chance, but the peace within us can never be governed by chance.
- We are never the same with others as when we are alone. We are different, even when we are in the dark with them.
Please click here for our Literary Birthday Calendar