Happy Birthday, Alexandra Bracken, born 27 February 1987.
- The Darkest Minds tend to hide behind the most unlikely faces.
- I hope that when you have the chance to crack your world open wide with new possibilities, to meet new people, and to take a turn down an unexpected, new road, you do just one thing: carpe the hell out of that diem.
- Two years ago, I would have said that I love, love, loved drafting and hated revising. I’ve completely flipped on that! I love the feeling of having a complete story in hand to tweak and rework; it no longer feels quite as daunting as staring at a blank page, trying to figure out the right starting point or what a character’s voice should sound like. There is something magical about the initial brainstorming on a new, sparkly project, though.
- We’ll just have to try to make better mistakes tomorrow.
- Write what you want to read and don’t even THINK about trying to be published until after you’ve produced something you love and believe in. Easier said than done, but when you genuinely love something it comes through in your writing.
Source for image and Photograph: Captured Moments by Rita & Company
Are you interested in more authors’ birthdays? Please click here: Literary Birthday Calendar