Happy Birthday, Stephenie Meyer, born 24 December 1973.
- I feel like reading really defined me as a writer because I lived my life outside of my own body for so much of my life and I loved it. I’ve always been a reader. I think living all those stories served me to naturally take that next step to creating.
- What’s funny about that is when I was writing Twilight just for myself and not thinking of it as a book, I was not thinking about publishing, and yet at the same time I was casting it in my head. Because when I read books, I see them very visually.
- I had the easiest publishing experience in the entire world. I sent out fifteen courier letters to agents, got five no replies, nine rejections and one I want to see it. A month later I had an agent. Another month later I had a three book deal with Little Brown.
- I write best at night, no question. I can focus. You know you’re not getting any phone calls, I can shut everything down, and I’m just more creative at night.
- Sometimes ideas feel like they were already there, and that you’re just discovering them.
Stephenie Meyer is an American novelist and film producer, best known for her vampire romance series Twilight. The four-book collection has sold more than 100 million copies in more than 50 countries, with translations in 37 languages. Visit her website: stepheniemeyer.com
Source for Image
Source for quotes
Are you interested in more authors’ birthdays? Please click here: Literary Birthday Calendar