Timothy Leary was born 22 October 1920, and died 31 May 1996.
- Women who seek to be equal with men lack ambition.
- All suffering is caused by being in the wrong place. If you’re unhappy where you are, MOVE.
- The romantic poetry and fiction of the last 200 years has quite blinded us to the fact that emotions are an active and harmful form of stupor.
- To describe externals, you become a scientist. To describe experience, you become an artist.
- If you want to change the way people respond to you, change the way you respond to people.
- The language of God is not English or Latin; the language of God is cellular and molecular.
- We are dealing with the best-educated generation in history. They are a hundred times better educated than their grandparents, and ten times more sophisticated. There has never been such an open-minded group. The problem is that no one is giving them anything fresh. They’ve got a brain dressed up with nowhere to go.
Source for image
Philip H. Bailey (E-mail), CC BY-SA 2.5 <https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.5>, via Wikimedia Commons
Please click here for our Literary Birthday Calendar