Happy Birthday, Marjane Satrapi, born 22 November 1969.
- Life is too short to be lived badly.
- You know, they say in France that translation is like a woman: she is either beautiful or faithful.
- It’s fear that makes us lose our conscience. It’s also what transforms us into cowards.
- I don’t think of myself as a rebel; I just say what I think.
- When we’re afraid, we lose all sense of analysis and reflection. Our fear paralyses us. Besides, fear has always been the driving force behind all dictators’ repression.
- All big changes of the world come from words.
- I rushed to the living room to protect myself from I don’t know what, behind my best friend, a book.
- Culture and education are the lethal weapons against all kinds of fundamentalism.
- Images are a way of writing. When you have the talent to be able to write and to draw, it seems a shame to choose one. I think it’s better to do both.
- The real war is not between the West and the East. The real war is between intelligent and stupid people.
Source for image
Please click here for our Literary Birthday Calendar