Happy Birthday, Lisa Jewell, born 19 July 1968.
Quotes On Writing
- This might sound daft, but starting really is the most important thing. Well – one of the two most important things – finishing is the other. If you can start and finish a book then you’re already a million miles ahead of all those people who talk about wanting to write a book.
- Writing a book is not easy. It truly isn’t. I thought it would be when I started writing, I thought it would be a doddle and I was very, very wrong. I can’t emphasise enough how important it is to bear this in my mind when you start.
- Writing a novel is a huge undertaking and feeling terrified is quite normal.
- Pace yourself. If you write too much too quickly, you’ll go off at tangents and lose your way and if you write infrequently you’ll lose your momentum. A thousand words a day is a good ticking over amount.
- Try to keep your whole life reasonably dull and routine. This helps. As for the other stuff, whiteboards, and planning and notebooks and post-its, well, that’s personal to each individual.
Please click here for our Literary Birthday Calendar