Michael Bond was born 13 January 1926 and died 27 June 2017
- The great advantage of having a bear as a central character is that he can combine the innocence of a child with the sophistication of an adult.
- I could have pasted my room with rejection slips. But I never gave up.
- I work a seven-day week. I just press a button and there are words on the screen and off I go. If I had an office up the road, I’d take time off, but I don’t. And that’s my life. It’s not a grumble. I can’t think what I’d do if I didn’t write.
- Paddington Bear was a refugee with a label – ‘Please look after this bear. Thank you’, and he had a little suitcase.
- Long ago, people in England sent their children by train with labels around their necks, so they could be taken care of by complete strangers in the country side where it was safe. They will not have forgotten how to treat strangers.
Source for image
Please click here for our Literary Birthday Calendar