Happy Birthday, Suzan-Lori Parks, born 10 May 1963.
Suzan-Lori Parks Quotes
- Each moment is perfect and heaven-sent, in that each moment holds the seeds for growth.
- A play is a blueprint of an event: a way of creating and rewriting history through the medium of literature.
- People ask me when I decided to become a playwright, and I tell them I decide to do it every day. Most days it’s very hard because I’m frightened – not frightened of writing a bad play, although that happens often with me. I’m frightened of encountering the wilderness of my own spirit, which is always , no matter how many plays I write, a new and uncharted place. Every day when I sit down to write, I can’t remember how it’s done.
- Difficulty creates the opportunity for self-reflection and compassion.
- My father was in the Army and we moved around a lot, and one of my favourite places was the library.
- Every play I write is about love and distance. And time. And from that we can get things like history.
- I don’t read reviews. I refuse to have my ego inflated or deflated by someone I don’t know.
Please click here for our Literary Birthday Calendar