Writers Write shares social media and blog writing tips. In this post, we discuss the most important lesson for building a social media following.
The Most Important Lesson For Building A Social Media Following
Social Media is not a real conversation, but it is a way to interact in real time with your customers. Everything you do should be aimed at giving as much as you can to get what you need.
You have to be committed and that means you have to post content regularly on your major social media platforms. Consistency is crucial. Even if your clients choose to miss a post, you cannot choose not to post one. People get used to you. They trust you and come to you for information, guidance, ideas, and assistance.
Yes, people come to you. This happens because you have earned their attention. It does not take a genius to understand that this reward is the most valuable pay-off for a business.
- Do not ask: ‘What’s in it for us?’ You will fail. People join Social Media platforms to be part of a community. You have to offer something, and wait for a response.
- Rather ask: ‘How can we help our customers?’ By providing valuable content, you create a customer base. These people need to get to know you and trust you before they will buy your product.
P.S. If you want to learn how to blog, join us for The Complete Blogging Course online.
Source for social media comic
If you enjoyed this post read:
- 27 Blogging Tips To Grow Your Business
- Social networks need a ‘constant gardener’ to grow and sustain them
- Plan Your Blogging Week In Fewer Than 15 Minutes
- Three Top Tips for Writing for Social Media
- Eight Invaluable Blogging Tips for Writers
- 40 Twitter Hashtags for Writers
- Seven ways to make the most of social media
- Six reasons social media matters to your company
- Effective Internet Writing
- Throwback Thursdays Mean Business