In this post, we share our interview with Prue Leith. The author was our guest at an event in Johannesburg, South Africa.
The Writers Write Interview With Prue Leith
The Author: Prue Leith
Date: 14 September 2009
Place: 10 Bompas Road, Dunkeld West, Sandton
Date of birth: 18 February 1940
The Book: Choral Society
1. Who is your favourite hero of fiction?
Septimus Harding (sweet wonderful man) from The Warden by Anthony Trollope.
2. What is your most treasured possession?
3. Which living person do you most dislike?
4. What is your greatest fear?
Losing my marbles (senile dementia).
5. Who or what has been the greatest love of your life?
My late husband and author, Rayne Kruger.
6. What is your greatest regret?
I had no music around me as a child, so it is not in my blood.
Jock of the Bushveld.
8. Which book have you read the most in your lifetime?
Emma by Jane Austen along with the rest of her work.
9. What is your favourite journey?
A horse-riding safari in Botswana.
10. What do you most value in a friend?
Friends who keep in touch. Mostly the friendship of women.
11. What quality do you most admire in a woman?
“Un-self-consciousness” – Being natural.
12. Which book that you’ve written is your favourite?
13. What advice would you give to aspiring authors?
- Read a lot.
- Take writing lessons.
- Stick at it.
14. What are your favourite names?
Good old English names – Kate, Jane, Patrick, James. I suppose they could be classified as boring names.
15. What do you do as a hobby?
- Walking holidays
16. What are your top three books?
- The Warden – Anthony Trollope
- Other Men’s Flowers – Poetry collection
- Hamlet – William Shakespeare
17. Where do you get your greatest ideas for writing?
18. What do you prefer, Dogs or Cats?
Cats – I have a Bengal tiger cat called Magnificat
Interviewed by Amanda Patterson
14 September 2009
If you want to read more of our interviews, click here