In this post, we tell you what persuasive writing is and share our persuasive writing checklist.
What is persuasive writing?
Persuasive writing uses words to convince the reader to listen or to act. Great business writers use persuasive writing in proposals, articles, newsletters, memos, emails, requests for meetings, speeches, and reports.
Persuasive writing has to sway your reader intellectually and emotionally. You should use it in everyday business writing.
Persuasive Writing Checklist
Here is a checklist for longer pieces of persuasive writing, such as essays or opinion pieces..
If you are interested in learning more about persuasive writing, we suggest you read these posts:
- 3 Pillars Of Persuasive Writing – Ethos, Logos, Pathos
- Persuasive Writing Brainstormer Template
- 7 Tips For Witing A Brilliant Opinion Piece
- Persuasive Writing – Emotional vs Intellectual Words
- Remember Your Reader – Persuasive Writing Tips